Monday, January 4, 2010

Connections--the relaunch of my blog

My plans for 2010 include more writing so I will be updating this blog with more frequency. I have some significant struggles with the concept of blogging. What do I have to say that could be both unique and helpful, (or at least worth reading)? Up until now most of my blogging has been personal updating, which frankly is not necessary for the internet landscape.

I’ve spent a lot of time in the last year thinking about what I am best at—What are my strengths? and How can I best use them in every area of my life? I am still thinking through this, certainly, but one thing I know I love to do is make connections between the various ideas and voices I hear each day/week. It’s my hobby. I am a big nerd.

My intention is to take the connections I make in my head and put them on “paper.” I imagine some of the synthesis will be related to my work in ministry and management. Other times I may write about, my graduate work, my nephew, or my recent foray into digital cable (perhaps a HUGE mistake). I spend a lot of time each week in my car and during that time I am usually listening to an audio book or NPR or talk radio all of which give me a lot of content to parse and store in my mind.

Welcome to my inner processor where every piece of information must find a home. Finding the right place to sort both this week’s sermon lesson and last week’s episode of 30 Rock can be tricky, but sometimes they fit right next to each other, and when that happens I’ll write about it here.
Happy New Year!

No comments: