Wednesday, February 20, 2008

a blog of my very own!

Several years ago--more than I like to admit--I graduated from a fully accredited university with a Bacculaureate Degree in Professional Writing. Okay, it was Six. Six years ago.

Anyway, these things were just starting then, and I think I had one for like fourteen minutes. It wasn't exciting, plus I didn't have lots of friends who had blogs. But now, now I do have friends with blogs, and to keep up with the Smiths (and Eleks, McFarlands, Cannons, etc) I am starting one as well.

Actually, my reason for entering the blogosphere (other than proving my lame-ness by calling it the blogosphere) is due to my recent realization that I really learn through hearing something and then processing it verbally. And until I get a roommate to talk to, writing will do. This blog shall be my conversation partner.

I have some things that I am already planning to write about, perhaps only for my reading and learning. These things will come from my class studies in higher ed, my work in campus ministry, my life as a homeowner and citizen, and probably other things that arise. But don't worry, I'll also pepper the blog with pictures of cute babies and funny stories.

I look forward to utilizing my mad skills learned at a school founded by a captain of erudition (what's up Thelin?) to write more regularly.

4 comments:

Jenny and Matt said...

Welcome and Congrats!

Kelly said...

katie!
i'm so glad to see that you're starting a blog--i'm interested to see what you have to say! i've been blogging too, since last spring...www.witnesstohopeblog.blogspot.com.

hope all is well...oh! and i saw you going into taylor books here in charleston, maybe last week. i had two little kiddos in my car, and tried to honk to wave hi, but you didn't see us. let me know when you're in town again!

Rachel Elek said...

Yeah! Welcome! I love how I can hear your voice in my head when I read your blog because you write exactly like you talk and I can even visualize your hand motions!

Bonstance said...

Finally Katie!! If I had a nickel for everytime I told you to blog...